Lot of Cards on Facebook
This group was originally made 4 years ago. However, not until April of 2020 was the group redone and made to be an open group. Originally the Facebook group “Lot of Cards” was used to match some of the activities of myself, Mike Levine (Admin and Creator of Lot of Cards).
That is my goal of these FAQs:
(Frequently Asked Questions and Things important you should know)
Who should be in the group? Honest people who want to interact in a friendly manner. People who do not disparage others listings. There are some groups that you can just swear and say whatever you think comes into your mind. There are some groups on Facebook you can just blast away your personal opinions. This is not one of those groups. Sorry, I want this group to be equivalent to PG13. There are people in this group that enjoy collecting cards and dealing with other memorabilia with their children. That is one of the best things for me to see, hear and discuss. So any swearing, obscene pictures or other violations of just being civil you will be removed unfortunately from the group. I do not like removing people from the group, but I will for sure if they violate this rule especially. Ideally obviously the people in this group should like sports and other collectibles. You can only sell. You can only buy. You can do hopefully both. You do not need to spend any money in the group at all to be a member. However, hopefully you want to buy or sell sports and non sports memorabilia.
Types of cards that can be sold: No political cards or obscene cards. As I am the Admin and creator of another group on Facebook “Vintage Basketball 1989 on back and an active member in the Vintage Football Group. At this point I do not want to compete or get into any conflict. So you can post any cards vintage for baseball, hockey, or other sports or non sports. Please do not post Vintage Football or Vintage Basketball. You can include some vintage football or basketball memorabilia or cards if you are mixing it with newer cards. This group is still small and new. So you are better off selling vintage basketball or football in the other two groups.
What can be posted for sale? Mostly what is transacted in this group are sports cards and non sports cards. However, other memorabilia and collectibles are fine. If you are not sure about this please reach out to me on Facebook Messenger before you post. As I write this we are in the middle of a lot of politics and different opinions of people in this world. I do not want any political cards posted. Ideally I want this group to be an escape from politics.
Any sports or non sports related items are encouraged. They should be collectibles and of interest to the members. Let’s not be selling things that are not really collectibles. If you have a question you can email me at email@example.com or you can reach out to me on Facebook Messenger.
What type of posts can I do? Only allow auctions and buy it now listings. At this time we are not doing "fire sales, razzes, or anything at all out of the scope of auctions or buy it now. No posts that are just fishing for information? Some examples of fishing posts: What you looking for today? I have this card and am open to sell it? What do you think it is worth? Anyone looking for this? Anyone looking for that? Also do not hijack other’s posts. Our sellers work hard first deciding what to post and then posting it. Do not comment about your own items in their feed of comments or replies.
Again all sales posts should be auctions or buy it now. At this point for this group I do not want “Deal or No Deal posts” Also what I seek is to not selling Vintage Basketball cards and Vintage Football cards as we have other tremendous groups for that. A lot of our members of this group are also members of both of the other two groups.
Which specific groups are my referring to as there are hundreds if not thousands dealing with cards. I am referring to:
Who can sell in the group?
This rule has not been in place since the beginning of this group. So people currently selling are not affected by this other than I ask for existing sellers to comply with all rules obviously.
This is for people interested in selling in Lot of Cards going forward:
New members: You can sell once you have been a member in this group for two weeks at least and asked for permission via Facebook Messenger for your first sale. At that time I will make sure you have read these rules and perhaps even have a phone or chat conversation. You should have had some history already as a buyer in the group. I discourage joining this group and then just starting to list your items. There are many sellers now and I need to restrict this to keep a good buyer/seller ratio.
How many posts can sellers do? Currently I am reducing this for some sellers. I will allow some sellers to do five sales posts maximum per day. However, when I start to notice issues with their posts they will be notified. If they continually need to be reminded by me they should work hard to comply with group rules. There are some very active sellers that have proven themselves to me. To be candid, there are some sellers I am currently not sure on? There are some sellers I do not really know at all. So I will be working more with sellers and making sure their objectives and goals with this site are in alignment with mine. I am tough on sellers for sure and if you do not like it then please let me know and do not post further. Selling in this group is a privilege and sellers should realize this or pick another group.
How many times can I bump an auction or Buy It Now?
● BUMPING: Limit of 2 "bumps" per day. A 3rd bump is allowed if the item has bids. The goal is to give equal time near the top of the feed, so please consider the timing of your bumps. (Meaning; don't post 5 new items, and bump your old posts all at the same time). If an item gets no responses after 7 days, do not bump it .. without lowering the price
What types of pictures should I do?
● PHOTOS / SCANS: Post LARGE, CLEAR pictures with cards REMOVED from plastic holders (top loaders, screw downs, binder sheets, etc). They produce a glare and can hide minor flaws. Always post front & back pics for single cards (or any lots under 8 cards). If selling large sets or lots in binder sheets, remove a few of the money cards and take
individual pics of those too, to better show off card quality.
Other consistent rules of with the Vintage Basketball and Football Group that also apply to this “Lot of Cards group”:
What should my post consist of?
● Always post good quality clear picture(s), card description(s), card condition(s), payment methods accepted, shipping charges and your asking price (or trade value $ amount). No un-priced "taking offers" type posts are allowed. All items need to be shipped with tracking using goods and services ideally with PayPal. A seller can at their own discretion take money orders or personal checks for payment. No shipping should be done until check has cleared. Ideally please pay by PayPal so the buyer and seller have their protection plan. Shipping should never be done using plain white envelopes. I know this is ok in other groups. Should not be offered by sellers in this group. No exceptions please.
How should I list my card/cards for conditions?
CARD CONDITIONS: Post an accurate description so people don't have to ask questions. (Card year, set, card numbers, condition, etc). Use the known hobby conditions; PR, FR, GD, VG, VG/EX, EX, EX/MT, NM, NM/MT, MINT, Gem Mint. ("Nice" and "Great" are not conditions). See how PSA, SGC or BGS lists this and be as consistent as possible. You should really brush up on this terminology to be a seller if you are not used to it.
What do Buyers and sellers do when the auction or buy it now listing is over?
● BUYER AND SELLER COMMUNICATION: Sellers should "Tag" the buyer/winner in the post & PM them with item & payment info. Buyers should pay ASAP (or communicate intentions). When Buyer pays; PM the Seller that you've "Paid." Sellers need to PM tracking number once the item ships. Most issues arise on Facebook because of poor communication. Don't look at a PM then not reply with anything. The other person can see that you did that and it just raises questions. Also, don't jump to conclusions just because someone hasn't responded quickly. Not everyone checks their Facebook messages daily.
What types of payments are allowed? What else should I know?
PAYMENTS: Check Sellers post (prior to bidding) for the methods they except. Paypal is the typical way transactions are done. If you can't do Paypal, it's important to mention that prior to buying or selling. Payments need to be made (or mailed) within 72 hours (3 business days) ... unless prior arrangements were made. Communication is the key to smooth transactions. If you're mailing a payment, it needs to be mailed with tracking ... to protect everyone.
● PAYPAL: Always use Paypal "Goods and Services." Sellers are NOT allowed to ask for Paypal "Friends and Family.' It's not safe. You're not protected, and it's the #1 way that people get ripped off.
● TRACKING: It's required to use tracking on ALL items shipped. It's free on all USPS packages. If you fail to provide tracking, and they say the item never arrived ... you're obligated to refund.
● AUCTIONS: 24 Hour Countdown auctions (where each new bid extends the auction 24 more hours). Use the same posting and picture guidelines as mentioned above (large, clear front & back pics .. taken outside of plastic holders).
24 HOUR COUNTDOWN AUCTION FORMAT: Start post with ** A U C T I O N ** Post a minimum starting bid (no higher than 85% of the real value please). Minimum bid increments are $1. Mention; "Auction Ends 24 hours after last bid." No hidden reserves. Maximum of 5 new auction posts per day (every 24 hours).
● BIDDING: Bids are placed in the comments of the post. The minimum bid increment is $1. Bids as replies do not count. They must be new comments so the seller’s auction is bumped to the top so other buyers can possibly bid.
● SHIPPING: Always ship packages WITH TRACKING. PM the buyer the tracking number after it's mailed. Always protect the condition of cards when packaging. (Top loaders, heavy cardboard "sandwiches", bubble wrap, boxes .. whatever is needed to completely protect the cards). There's nothing worse than getting damaged cards because of sloppy, careless shipping methods. No PWE's.
● SHIPPING OUTSIDE OF U.S.: All shipping charges are for the continental US only. If you're outside of the U.S. you need to make arrangements with sellers prior to bidding or buying, and expect to pay the extra difference.
NO PWE SHIPMENTS ALLOWED OR SHOULD BE ADVERTISED IN THE POST. THIS IS FOR BUYERS PROTECTION.
● SECURITY: Use your best judgment and protect yourself in all transactions. We can't fully screen everyone that joins this group, and all transactions are at your own risk. Never send Paypal by "friends and family". Paypal's buyer guarantee only applies when you pay through their "Goods and Services" method. Never trade with anyone you're unfamiliar with, without looking into them a little bit first (ask for references, ask an Admin, check the "negative feedback list" in our "Files" section. Check their name in one of the scammers/feedback groups. Search their name for other posts outside of our group, etc.) Please contact an Admin if you ever have any problems, or see anything that seems sketchy.
● NON PAYS: If payment is not made within 72 hours the seller can relist, cancel or offer to the underbidder. Non payers are typically banned from the group and names are shared with other groups and put on negative feedback lists. Communication is the key to resolving issues.
● DELETING POSTS: No deleting of bids, posts or comments (unless you contact an Admin first). If you accidentally enter an incorrect bid amount, contact an Admin before deleting it. Don't delete old posts. We want the records to be there. If your item's no longer for sale, simply edit header & add "sold." I'll occasionally delete old posts, so if you need a record, take a screen shot.
● WAX PACKS & WAX BOX SALES of vintage and Modern cards are allowed. However, if they're not factory sealed (or wrapped / graded by a tpg), you must accept refunds if the buyer feels they were tampered with.
● AUTOGRAPHED cards and items are allowed. However, if they are not authenticated by a reputable company, you must accept refunds if they are proven to be fakes. -----------------------------------------------------
● NO SPAM, LINKS or outside ADVERTISING without Admin pre-approval.
● NO CHARITY, Help a sick friend, or fundraising type posts are allowed.
● NO REPRINT CARDS unless certified, or card has "reprint" printed on it.
● NO BOX BREAKS (unless approved by Admin).
● NO RAZZES, Mystery lots or Contests (without Admin approval). -----------------------------------------------------
And lastly, this is a hobby.... Have fun and enjoy your collection!