Director of Technology at Boston non-profit
Director of Technology at Boston non-profit
We are a large Boston-based non profit organization with over a thousand members. We are known to be forward thinking and make significant use of technology in almost every area of our operations for our staff, our members and the greater community we serve. We have deep relationships within the greater Boston community and are known for offering a very wide array of experiences, spiritual, cultural and social activities through numerous programs and engagements - for both members and volunteers, targeting all age groups - including many focused around the areas of education, spiritual and social justice.
Our non-profit is looking for an experienced Director of Technology to oversee, manage, maintain, upgrade, and help us continue to evolve our use of technology and infrastructure across our non-profit business operations - this includes all systems, software, hardware, networks, data security, SaaS, cloud, telecommunications, and audio/visual technology ensuring they continue to meet the needs of our business, departments and staff.. Reporting to the Executive Director,
The Director of Technology is both a hands-on and leadership role that will be primarily responsible for the daily operation and ongoing development of all technology used in our business operations.. Key responsibilities include leadership for systems: planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network and systems hardware, software and communication links and all telecommunications and AV equipment. The person in this role will also lead partner engagements with technology companies that support our business operations. The candidate must have the ability to multitask in a high-volume, fast-paced environment supporting a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users, including all staff, education staff, and administration.We are looking for someone who also has a congenial personality who naturally works well with others who come from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Networking Server Infrastructure
- Deploy, optimize, troubleshoot, and maintain the performance of computers and their associated operating systems, firmware and software. Also manage, troubleshoot and maintain email, print, and backup solutions. (must have).
- Monitor and manage all systems and security solutions, including all network connectivity, switches and network wireless access points, firewall, antivirus, and intrusion detection systems including CCTV (Closed Circuit TeleVision) and Access Control (Critical must have). Protection of data and its integrity.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining a technology inventory and architecture map of both software and hardware in use (must have).
Business Application Support
- Analyze the business requirements of each department to determine their technology needs.
- Plan for, Purchase, deploy and maintain efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Inspect and maintain the proper use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the Executive Director and the technology committee.
- Identify innovative solutions to address business technology requirements
Help Desk Support
- Support all members of the staff, roughly 25 users, for all of the day-to-day desktop, communication, and network needs (Should Have)
- General technology asset management including capital purchases, schedule of replacement and up-to-date documentation of phones, cameras, copiers, printers and audiovisual equipment (Should Have)
- Support members who have difficulty with remote access to events or the member portal.
Management and Administration
- Create and manage organizational IT Budget and report on expenditure.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Manage service calls and vendor contacts for printers, copiers and audiovisual equipment.
- Responsible for security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates regular IT security audits and investigations.
Audio Visual (AV)
- Set up and install media equipment (cameras, microphones, speakers, screens, cables, etc.).
- Ensure systems are operating at peak performance and working properly.
- Manage and maintain AV equipment and systems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on AV equipment and systems.
- Document processes for use of AV equipment.
- Support for live-streaming functions.
- Work with facilities to ensure proper equipment and setup for temple events.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A good communicator with the ability to collaborate and work well with others both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with confidentiality, integrity, and tact when working with our diverse community (staff, congregation, others
- Strong written and oral communication skills .
- Reporting and automation across the spectrum of responsibilities including SEO and analytics.
- High level of organization and executive function as well as problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail, and understanding of accounting, billing and dues management.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus including Form Assembly, Click & Pledge, member portal and accounting uses.
- A strong knowledge of technology platforms such as TCP/IP networking and management, VOIP, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps/suite, domain management and HTML coding, Microsoft Windows, OS/X, Android and iOS, video streaming, cloud technologies.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including some nights, weekends in order to support ongoing special events and live-streaming.
- Bachelor’s degree in business IT or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in an IT environment.